Although I love to experiment with skincare products, I am a little apprehensive about experimenting with facial oils. I had heard that facial oils could be quite temperamental, and if not used right, can cause more harm than good!
However, I guess I have a soul connection with Juicy Chemistry and LOVE this brand! So, when I stumbled upon their Rosehip Seed Oil, I picked it up without thinking much.
I have probably never been so glad of any of my purchases in a long, long time. This oil has managed to etch its name in my heart in bold, capital letters. Such is my love!
Let’s dive down further:
The Rosehip Seed Oil by Juicy Chemistry comes in a dark-brown glass bottle with a dropper. Minimalistic and straightforward, it is spill-proof and can be safely carried around for your travels.
INR 650 for 30 ml. I need only 2-3 drops each night, and one bottle should easily last me around 6 months.
Formula & Consistency:
The Rosehip Seed Oil by Juicy Chemistry has a runny consistency like any oil. However, it is extremely non-greasy and gets absorbed into the skin in no time at all.
It has a raw, organic fragrance. Not too strong, though!
How to Use:
- Dry Skin – Cleanse, tone and moisturize your skin at night. Take 2-3 drops of the Rosehip Seed Oil by Juicy Chemistry on your palm. Rub both your palms together and pat the oil on your face. Do not rub – just pat and allow your skin to absorb it.
- Anti-ageing – If you are 25 years or above, this oil is a must-have in your vanity. It has Vitamin A and C which are known to have anti-ageing properties. Apply this oil as the last step in your skincare routine every night. You can also mix 2 drops of Rosehip Seed Oil into any of your face packs for added benefits.
- Oily Skin & Pimples – If you have oily skin, Rosehip Oil is a beautiful oil for you. It is non-comedogenic and is rich in linoleic acid. People with bacterial acne are low in linoleic acid, and Rosehip Oil will help replenish it. Just mix one drop of Rosehip Oil with your nighttime moisturizer and apply all over your face and neck. You can also use Rosehip Oil as a spot treatment for your pimples and pimple marks. However, in case you have fungal acne – stay away from it! You need to consult your dermat for it!
- Treat Hyperpigmentation – Take a few drops of Rosehip Seed Oil, mix it with a few drops of potato juice and apply on all your affected areas. Apply the mix for 10-15 minutes and wipe off after. It will reduce your hyperpigmentation (dark spots and patches) gradually.
- Heal Chapped Lips – Rosehip Oil is rich in fatty acids. If you have dry and chapped lips that just refuse to heal, apply a thick layer of Rosehip Seed Oil on your lips every day before bedtime.
- Dry Skin – Once a day (night time skincare routine)
- Anti-ageing – Once a day (night time skincare routine)
- Oily Skin & Pimples – Thrice a week (night time skincare routine)
- Hyperpigmentation – Once a day (night time skincare routine)
- Heal Chapped Lips – Once a day (night time skincare routine)
After-effects of The Juicy Chemistry Rosehip Seed Oil:
I have been loving the Juicy Chemistry Rosehip Seed Oil for my skin. It has brightened up my face considerably, got rid of any dry or flaky patches, reduced hyperpigmentation and make my skin soft and supple. The texture of my face has also smoothened out considerably.
My skin stays hydrated the entire day because of which the glow is also noticeable.
I had terribly dry and chapped lips, and the Juicy Chemistry Rosehip Seed Oil has managed to soften them to quite an extent.
If you have dry skin, get this oil without thinking twice. Your skin is going to absolutely love it!