I am very particular about my weekend skincare rituals. Although I love trying out new skincare products, the ones that make it to my weekend pamper sessions are extremely special.
One such product that I have been using since a very long time and have fallen in love with is the Wine Peeling Jelly Softener by Innisfree. I love this product because it does exactly what it claims – no false promises at all!
Let’s dive down further:
The product comes in a maroon-coloured sturdy bottle. It has a corkscrew cap and another smaller lid to protect the contents. Absolutely spill-proof!
INR 900 for 180 ml. It may seem a little pricey; however, this product will last you a very long time. You only need a tiny amount. One bottle has lasted me around 8-9 months.
Formula & Consistency:
The Innisfree Wine Peeling Jelly Softener has a beautiful gel-like texture. The consistency is neither too liquidy nor too thick – just right to spread it on your face. The colour is almost white that transform into transparent once applied.
The fragrance is so good – a mild wine-like fragrance. Love it!
How to Use:
- Cleanse your face with your regular cleanser.
- Take a coin-sized amount of the Innisfree Wine Peeling Jelly Softener on your palm. Rub both your palms together and spread the product on your entire face. Apply a uniform layer all over your face. You can adjust the quantity as per your requirement.
- Wait for around 30 seconds. Now, start to rub your face in gentle motions with your fingers. You can feel all the dirt, grime and dead skin cells balling up.
- Scrub for around a minute or two. Now splash lukewarm water on your face and clean it all away.
- I usually apply a face pack after this, but you can directly go ahead with a toner and moisturizer.
- Note: Although the brand advises you to apply the product with a cotton pad, I felt that clean palms were the best way. For starters, the cotton pads absorb a lot of the product, and you end up using a larger amount. I also watched a lot of Youtube videos before I started using it, and most of them advised to apply the product with your hands. You can do a trial and error and see which method suits you better.
Once or twice a week. I use the Innisfree Wine Peeling Jelly Softener on weekends and use another physical scrub mid-week (after 3-4 days).
After-effects of the Innisfree Wine Peeling Jelly Softener:
It is one of those cult-favourite products that deserve a place of pride in your vanity. Do not worry about your skin type – it suits people with almost any type of skin.
Once I wash away the Wine Peeling Jelly Softener, my skin feels super soft and supple. The glow is visible for everyone to see, and the brightening effect stays for the next 3-4 days. It is incredibly gentle on your skin and does not have those harsh microparticles like many other physical scrubs in the market.
It hydrates my skin which adds to the dewy glow. During the weekends, I like to follow this product up with a face mask, toner, serum and moisturizer.
Even if you have acne-prone skin, you can pick this product up without any second thoughts. It will not hurt your existing at all. It is also suitable to be used by people with sensitive skin.
Go for the Innisfree Wine Peeling Jelly Softener without any second thoughts! If you want just one exfoliant in your beauty routine without complicating things, you can choose this one. Complement it with a healthy skincare regime, and you can achieve glowing skin in no time at all!