It is that time of the year again! Eid is just around the corner.
Time for market places to be filled with people shopping for colourful clothes and jewellery. Time for sweet-shop employees running on their toes trying to get their delicacies ready on time. And, of course, all households must be bustling with activity. Everyone would be busy trying to figure out their outfits, gifts, decoration, etc.
Amidst this hustle and bustle, do not forget to take care of your skin! And, plan your Eid makeup well in advance. After all, Eid is a special day, and getting ready for Eid should be a fun activity!
Stepwise Makeup Tutorial on Getting Ready for Eid:
Today, we bring to you a step by step guide of two of the most important things in how to get ready for Eid – skincare and Eid makeup.
Step 1 >> Skincare:
Your makeup will only be flawless if your skin is flawless. Start prepping your skin at least 1-2 months in advance.
Cleanse your face twice a day! Tips for buying an appropriate cleanser:
- No sulphate in the list of ingredients.
- Oily Skin – Opt for a gel or gentle foam cleanser. Ingredients: salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, neem, tea tree oil, etc.
- Dry Skin – Opt for a foaming cleanser. Ingredients: hyaluronic acid, glycolic acid, lactic acid, etc.
An essential tip to keep in mind on how to get ready for Eid is never to skip the toner. It shrinks your pores, controls breakouts and hydrates your skin.
Tips for buying a toner:
- Free from sulphate, alcohol and artificial fragrances.
- Oily Skin – Toner should have exfoliating and anti-bacterial properties. Ingredients: aloe vera, clary sage, lavender, sandalwood, tea tree, witch hazel, salicylic acid, etc.
- Dry Skin – Opt for a hydrating toner. Ingredients: hyaluronic acid, aloe vera, hydrosols, chamomile, green tea, lavender, etc.
Never skip on the moisturiser even if you have oily skin.
Tips for buying the right moisturiser:
- Free from synthetic fragrances, silicone, alcohol and petroleum derivatives.
- Oily Skin – Moisturizer should be oil-free and non-comedogenic. Gel moisturisers are the best.
- Dry Skin – Opt for oil-based moisturisers. Ingredients: hyaluronic acid, dimethicone, humectants, etc.
4] Face Mask:
Do not forget to mask at least once a week. The following home-made remedies are perfect for beautiful, glowing skin – a much-needed step in getting ready for Eid.
Apply for 15 minutes and then rinse off. Tone and moisturise after masking:
- Mask 1: Mash ½ cup of papaya and add 2 spoons honey.
- Mask 2: Mash ½ a cucumber and add 1 spoon of yoghurt.
- Mask 3: Mix 2 tablespoons fresh watermelon juice with 1 tablespoon milk.
Step 2 >> Eid Makeup:
You will have flawless skin if you follow all the above steps.
Now, it is time to ensure that your makeup is on-point. Eid 2019 is all about light, dewy makeup. Keeping it natural while getting ready for Eid is the mantra:
1] Prep and Prime:
Cleanse, tone and moisturise your face. Then, apply a primer suitable for your skin type.
If you want help on how to choose the perfect primer, click here.
The next step in getting ready for Eid is the foundation.
Take minimal product, to begin with. Dot the foundation on your face and neck. Blend it well with a damp beauty sponge.
Do not rub or tug at your face. Dab the product gently.
Make a small inverted triangle with your concealer under your eyes. Blend it well with your beauty sponge.
Skip this step if you don’t have prominent dark circles. This is a common confusion in how to get ready for Eid.
4] Set your Makeup:
Dip your beauty sponge in loose powder and gently dab it all over your face. Focus more on your under eyes.
Dust off the excess loose powder after a period of 5 – 10 minutes. It is one of the most important steps in the process of how to get ready for Eid.
5] Spritz a Setting Spray:
Spritz a setting spray lightly all over your face. Fan your face and wait for it to dry.
It will get rid of all the cakeyness and make your makeup look natural – just what you need in getting ready for Eid.
6] Contour, Highlight and Blush:
Since you want to keep your makeup light, do not contour too heavily.
Slather on that highlighter though! Focus on your cheekbone, temples, and the centre of the nose.
Do not opt for a heavy-duty blush. Take a mild cheek tint and dab it on your cheeks.
7] Eye Makeup:
Coral has been declared as Pantone’s Colour of the Year! Plan your Eid makeup 2019 around it.
Dust your eyelid with a coral or peach colour. Apply a brown shade in your crease and outer corners. Blend well.
Line your lower lash line with a brown kajal. Finish off with waterproof mascara.
Do not forget to accentuate your lips, ladies. Opt for a coral or peach lip colour matching it with your eyeshadow.
There you go! It is a very detailed guide on getting ready for Eid.
Upload all your Eid looks on Instagram and do not forget to tag us @paintedcharisma for a feature!